Based on the DfE Guidelines, here is a list of things you can fund using your Premium (and a list of things you can’t fund):
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport that they offer.
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
With the following results:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
So, you can use your funding to:
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources (like Cyber Coach) to help them teach PE and sport more effectively and embed physical activity across your school
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- enter or run more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching
- raise attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2
- train staff to support high quality swimming and water safety lessons.
- provide additional top-up swimming lessons to pupils who have not been able to meet the national curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety after the delivery of core swimming and water safety lessons.
What you’re not allowed to fund:
- employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover PPA
- teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum – with the exception of top-up swimming lessons after pupils’ completion of core lessons
- fund capital expenditure
- active miles/daily mil – schools should use existing playgrounds, fields, halls and sports facilities.